Job Title : Software Development Engineer in Test
Location : Tumwater, WA 98501
Education : a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Computer Information Systems or a closely related field
Specific Job Responsibilities :
- Take ownership of major features, independently drive and complete all testing activities from beginning to end: ensure test planning, test execution, bug resolution and status reporting to complete on time
- Understand business requirements and develop functional test plans for web applications. Test products throughout the software development lifecycle and ensure that all product releases function correctly.
- Designing and create test scripts using C# and selenium to address areas such as database impacts, business use-case scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, performance, load and security testing
- Participating in code reviews and coach other employees in automation efforts
- Coordinate software releases along with release manager to run scripts prior to production deploy while ensuring that products render and function properly on all major web browsers.
- Establish metrics to measure the quality of delivery for classifying defects, measuring efficiency.
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives
- Develops an automation roadmap and helps initiate the right framework and maintain the existing automation suite
- Develop Requirement Transability Matrix (RTM) for maintaining current project requirements are met and all test cases status.
- Provides overall QA status reporting and escalate issues/risks in a timely manner to Management and assist in resolution.
- Work with QA team members, software developers and system and database administrators to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments. This may include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc.
- Author and update test cases and script corresponding automated tests for a varied suite of web applications including proprietary tools, external services, and APIs.
- Develop a Data Driven Development to maintain test script logic and test data separately.
- Execute web performance and load testing for different web applications.
- Assist in integrating automation to the CI/CD pipeline and operationalizing automated smoke tests and daily automated runs to product releases.
How to Apply: Fax Resume to Friendly Consultants Inc. at 800-471-9415.